My Name Is Inmate 28301-016 (Part 2) is the 2nd episode of Season 3 of My Name Is Earl, and the 49th episode overall. Earl begins his prison sentence while Joy tries to repay Earl by taking care of Randy, who is struggling to adjust.
Joy is quickly realizing how dependent Randy is on Earl, and she is starting to lose her patience. To help Randy a bit, Catalina created a sock puppet named “little earl.” Joy and Darnell are woken up by Randy's incessant questioning and Joy is about to lose it, but she finds away to keep him quiet.
To make up the past to Glen Shipley, Earl made him a weapon however; Glen used it to stab Earl. Earl finds out that Glen messes up his chances at parole every time and he wants to know why, but Glen doesn't make it easy for Earl to help. Earl helps Glen collect his Scout badges and enlists the assistance of the other inmates.
Earl realized that by helping people inside, just as he did on the outside was how he would survive in prison. Randy leaves Earl's shirt behind and starts making decisions for himself; He steals a car thinking it will allow him to move in with Earl, at the prison.
- List item introduced and crossed off in this episode
- - Unnumbered list item 13 Got a boy scout mauled by dogs
- "Blitzkrieg Bop" by The Ramones
- "Sympathy for the Devil" by The Rolling Stones
- "Teach Your Children" by Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young
- "Roll With the Changes" by REO Speedwagon
- Randy: hows the chicken salad taste
- Darnell: not as good as the tuna salad but better than getting popped in the neck by a big ass rubberband
- Jason Lee as Earl Hickey
- Ethan Suplee as Randy Hickey
- Jaime Pressly as Joy Turner
- Nadine Velazquez as Catalina
- Eddie Steeples as Darnell Turner
- Noah Crawford as Young Earl
- Ben Foster as Glen Shipley
- Roger Burton as Skinny John
- Josh Wolf as Josh
- Angel Oquendo as Prison Medic
- Bill Macy as Whiskey Pete
- Joey Diaz as Jhoey
- Leo Fitzpatrick as Sonny
|< Season 2||My Name is Earl Season 3||Season 4 >|
|#01||My Name Is Inmate 28301-016 (Pt 1)||#07||Our Other 'Cops' Is On! (Pt 1)||#13||Bad Earl||#19||Love Octagon|
|#02||My Name Is Inmate 28301-016 (Pt 2)||#08||Our Other 'Cops' Is On! (Pt 2)||#14||I Won't Die with a Little Help from My Friends (Pt 1)||#20||Girl Earl|
|#03||The Gangs of Camden County||#09||Randy in Charge||#15||I Won't Die with a Little Help from My Friends (Pt 2)||#21||Camdenites (Pt 1)|
|#04||The Frank Factor||#10||Midnight Bun||#16||Stole a Motorcycle||#22||Camdenites (Pt 2)|
|#05||Creative Writing||#11||Burn Victim||#17||No Heads and a Duffel Bag|
|#06||Frank's Girl||#12||Early Release||#18||Killerball|